Monday, August 2, 2010

Fight Club

Welcome to Fight Club. The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club! Third rule of Fight Club: if someone yells "stop!", goes limp, or taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule: the fights are bare knuckle. No shirt, no shoes, no weapons. Seventh rule: fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight.


I feel like this hunting for a job. I don't want to talk about it, I get beat up and sometimes really want to give up. I go at it naked, being myself, and baring my talents for scrutiny and judgment and it is going to go on til I find something and I have to fight, everyday. Not quite as violent as Fight Club, but sometimes leaving me with scars nonetheless.

Omaha was fantastic. I had a great time, and my interview went extremely well. It is a city that I could see myself living IN, I mean downtown, near all the awesome restaurants and shops. Less than a mile from Creighton. I could really seem myself working there, developing relationships with local farmers to bring fresh products to the school, developing a farmer's market on campus for the students...Creating salads and items as specials for the dining halls. I want to be proactive in that. My knowledge and talents for doing that are part of the passion that I feel for this business. But I feel I need to quit talking about it.. like it will jinx me. I want to think positively, because things were said. I also don't want to get heartbroken...

I got home on Friday... after a long flight from Minneapolis, which is a HUGE airport. Of course, I was on Concourse G and had to run to Concourse F, after taking the tram and there is a MALL inside the center of the airport.. WHAT THE HELL? A mall, like with big stores and people EVERYWHERE! It was crazy.. I barely made it, or so I thought because I wasn't the only one with a flight delayed because of thunderstorms. We sat at the gate waiting for more passengers for almost an hour... then once we got out on the runway, we were 7th in line to taxi. When the plane turned to begin it's taxi, you could see the line up of others behind us. The flight took off into gray raining skies and landed in Sacramento only half an hour late.

Yesterday was Sunday. Sunday was the day we always had pasta at home growing up. Our garden has been very productive in tomatoes this last week, so I harvested, roasted and pureed.
We have red onions hanging in the garage, and there is basil in the garden as well.. So, garden fresh sauce over rigatoni. Tastes so much better than mass produced crap in the stores. I had several gallons left of puree, so they went to the freezer.

Also, ate like stupid in Omaha. So, this week I am back on my plant based, no sugar, watch what goes in my body diet. I am not calling it really a diet, just more like paying attention and getting some exercise. If I drop some weight, great... if not, at least I feel better.

I am going to no write until life let's me know what I am to do. Hopefully that will just be later this week.. or when I move..or whatever.
I will post some recipes maybe soon... I have been baking and have pics, so maybe I should share. Eh, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment