Sunday, June 13, 2010

First Sunday

Today is the first day of the new beginning.
Going to eat better, get some exercise and start on the road to changing all my bad habits.
I really don't want to have a heart attack, or a stroke, or end up with diabetes and lose a limb. I don't want what happened to my Grandma Altieri to happen to me. So, we must change.

I don't know what I am going to do to exercise. I hate the treadmill. I like gardening and yoga. But those aren't going to get my heart rate up and blast the plaque from my arteries. And sex is out too. I am too easy to get going and have a short fuse... in other words, it doesn't last long enough to break a good sweat. Trust me when I tell ya, it's not him. I like the work outs I would subject on the girls in softball. The stretching, jumping, running, throwing... leg scissors, sit-ups, push ups. I just have to commit to it and do it. I actually hate most exercise... except swimming. And since I don't have access to a private pool... that is out. It's all excuses really. Just me not wanting to do anything.

Okay, well... coffee, yogurt, granola and raisin toast amounted to almost half my calories for the day. I am not going to skip breakfast ever again as long as I live...okay, that maybe a stretch, but I am going to really try. I am also going to try to be a better less bitter and angry person. I need a mitt and a ball and a block wall. (sigh) that would be exercise I could stand more than 20 minutes. Okay Okay, getting off the computer. Going to go outside and play for a while... Let's see what I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment