Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday Blues

It's Monday and I think I need a little good in my life for a while.
I have had a lot of bad luck and I am sick of it. What can I do to change it? I try to think positive and always going forward. I have tried talking to "god" and listening with my heart.
Steven and I get close to making it, close to being able to get married (how we would love love love to be together), close to being contributing members of society, and shit happens. I am sick of it. It depresses me because I have a lot to offer and no ones buying it. How do I make people want what I have? How can I become a commodity? How can I market myself in such a way, people cannot say no?
So, for a Monday, depressed and dark...chocolate. Isn't that always what makes women feel better? Even if just for a moment?
Something French. Smooth, decadent...with a little orange zest or toasted coconut, a little pot of chocolate will help the blues go away...


Pots au Chocolat

Eq needs:
double boiler or a stainless steel bowl over a pot of simmering water
whip/whisk
6-4oz ramekins

Stuff:

2 cups milk or cream
8 oz milk or dark chocolate (by weight not volume), chopped
1 TB (fat) vanilla extract
1 zest of one orange
2 TB sugar
6 egg yolks


Place milk, chocolate, vanilla and orange zest in top of double boiler, cook and stir these until chocolate melted and milk scalded. In a separate bowl, whip the eggs with the sugar until eggs are lighter yellow and can hold a steady ribbon when the spoon is extended from the mixture (au ruban). Before adding the egg mix to the hot chocolate mix, it is best to temper the eggs by stirring in 1/4 cup of the chocolate into the eggs. You must constantly stir the eggs while adding this or you may end up with egg chunks in it. Pour eggs into chocolate stir until it begins to thicken, strain, and put into ramekins. Allow to cool at room temp before covering and refridgerating.

You can always substitute 1/2 the milk for coconut milk and add in chopped almonds and toasted coconut for an Almond Joy... or seasonal fruit: bananas, strawberries, raspberries...dried fruit works too!
So, I'll try to get out of these Monday Blues...eat something chocolatey and try to live for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment